Pam Moore shares some excellent advice on “What should you tweet about”
1. Share relevant content that will provide value to your followers.
2. Join or host a tweet chat.
3. Social listening. Listen and watch others in your community, industry leaders, competition, partners, and clients.
4. Use hashtags to start a new community around a specific topic, event, business or cause.
5. Share inspirational content such as quotes or scripture. Did you know quotes are the #1 retweeted content on Twitter?
6. Share a song.
7. Have a conversation and talk to people. Yes, I know it sounds crazy but you can simply just talk like you do in real life!
8. Welcome new businesses online who you know have just joined Twitter.
9. Share local events from your local news channels.
10. Share good deals from some of your favorite businesses.
11. Support your clients. Check out their tweet streams frequently for information you can help them share.
12. Thank someone via twitter for commenting on your blog.
13. Ask a question that starts dialog.
14. Support causes and charities.
15. Obtain support for your favorite cause or charity.
16. Share other people’s content such as blog posts and tweets.
17. Start a movement.
18. Share tips that can help your target market.
19. Develop an editorial calendar of tips and conversation points. It will help you particularly on the days when you have a writing or brain block.
20. Make new friends.
21. Share a photo. You can incorporate sites such as TwitPic, Instagram, Flickr and Pinterest.
22. Ask a question
23. Create a poll and gather input from your twitter followers.
24. Share an upcoming event.
25. Share content and key nuggets of information and quotes live from an event.
26. Find old friends.
27. Share a funny or touching video
28. Share an idea and gather feedback.
29. Share a new design or logo and ask for input.
30. Ask for feedback when launching or testing new website, blog or even Facebook timeline.
31. Show appreciation and advocacy for those in your community.
32. Wish someone Happy Birthday or any other holiday that is appropriate.
33. Share kids event photo and funny happenings.
34. Share a daily wisdom tweet.
35. Create themed days for morning or evening content. If you can inspire your followers, they may return daily to see what you have to say. For example, Monday could be Marketing Monday, Twitter Tuesday, Wacky Wednesday, Facebook Friday etc.
36. Gather opinions and wish lists for blog posts you can write that will help your followers and readers.
37. Create a Twitter list to keep track of industry experts, clients or simply your favorite tweeters.
38. Check out the Twitter lists of your community, clients, partners and even competitors to find good Tweeters to follow.
39. Cheer someone up.
40. Tweet when you check into your favorite restaurant using Foursquare.
41. Talk about people who spam coupons (joking.)
42. Tweet this post!